martes, 24 de abril de 2018

JAZZ CHANTS, another gadget for learning

Yes, Jazz Chants, What are They?

-->
They could be defined as follows:
A Jazz chant is a poem that uses jazz rhythms to illustrate the natural stress and intonation patterns of conversational American English.
Jazz Chants provide an innovative and exciting way to improve student's speaking and listening comprehension skills while reinforcing the language structures of everyday situation.

-->
Carolyn Graham is the creator of Jazz Chants, which connect the rhythm of spoken American English to the beat of jazz.
She developed the technique of jazz chanting during her twenty-five years of teaching ESL in the American Language Institute of New York University.
She has also taught at Harvard University and has conducted workshops in the NYU School of Education, Columbia Teachers College in New York and Tokyo, and elsewhere throughout the world. Ms. Graham is the author of numerous Jazz Chants books, all published by Oxford University Press (Carolyn Graham nowadays).
Who did you see?
Who did you see? I saw John
John who? John Brown
I can't hear you! I said John Brown
I can't hear you! I said John Brown
I can't hear you ! I said John Brown,
John Brown,
John Brown!!

What did he say? Who?
John Brown. John Brown?
Yes, What did he say? He didn't say anything
Nothing? Not a word
I don't believe it!!
I don´t believe it!!!
Big Mouth John Brown
didn't say a word?
Not a word.

I don't believe it!! .

I don´t believe it!!!
Big Mouth John Brown Big Mouth John Brown
didn't say a word? didn't say a word.


Jazz Chants: Variety and levels

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

ANY WORD? OH I DONT BELIEVE IT, BUT ITS GOOD

mamm1968 dijo...


Elementary
I do karaoke on Wednesdays
Mondays, Mondays.
What do you do on Mondays?
On Mondays I usually listen to jazz music.
Tuesdays, Tuesdays.
What do you do on Tuesdays?
On Tuesdays I sometimes go for a drive.
Wednesdays, Wednesdays.
What do you do on Wednesdays?
On Wednesdays I always play the guitar.
Thursdays, Thursdays.
What do you do on Thursdays?
On Thursdays I often go to a rock concert.
Fridays, Fridays.
What do you do on Fridays?
On Fridays I always do karaoke.
Weekends, weekends.
What do you do on weekends?
On weekends I usually stay in bed¡

Esto me ha encantado. Genial...